
It felt good to get back to Rising Star and a routine schedule. Today we went out to do medical work at Chetnaputtium (where i fainted) this time was a lot better, seeing as i stayed up right the whole time. I truly fell in love with this colony each time I was there. It is small and tucked away behind the train tracks, no big houses or even buildings we can work in. The people are amazing they are one large family and so welcoming of the volunteers. I washed the feet of the few leprosy patients who needed their ulcers cleaned. Then I helped the nurses distribute the drugs that is usually one of my favorite parts of medical. As we were about to leave the colony I was asked by one of the nurses to help her with a patient too sick to leave his house. We walked to his house to look at the large infection on his foot. I along with his wife and daughter became responsible for holding him down while the nurses tried to push the infection out. It was horrible he wriggled and squirmed trying to get away screaming the whole time.
The rest of the day was fun enjoyed playtime, prayer, and dinner on the roof.


Bedtime with the children was short because they went to bed early then the volunteers started Slumdog Millionaire. It was interesting to hear the feelings of the volunteers who have never seen it before because it really does give an idea of India.

An Indian sunset.
No comments:
Post a Comment