Monday, July 5, 2010

Art


Everyone at Rising Star is working hard to get ready for the dedication of the new buildings on campus. The Rising Star campus has completely grown and changed over the last year largely because of the work my Grandparents have been doing. It will be amazing to see the dedicatory celebration Saturday July 10th and really complete the work they have been doing. This morning I was in the new school building hanging pictures of the students in the entry way. After spending the morning hanging pictures I had the opportunity to travel to the Bindu Art School.

The Bindu Art School is an art school started in a leprosy colony to help the depressed patients express themselves. They are amazing works of art and it was great to see how it has changed these people and their colony. This was one of the first colonies that Rising Star began working in and it doesn't even look like a leprosy colony it is more of a village.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah:
    I will be following your blog this summer and look forward to hearing all about your adventure. I have a painting in my office that I believe came from the Art School you visited. Say "Hi" to your grandparents for me!
    Marilyn Green

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah. Enjoyed reading your new blog. The artist who did the piece you have hanging in your bedroom is Y. Uma. i met her when I was there. Is she still there? We love you and miss you, Mom

    ReplyDelete