Monday, July 12, 2010

Chetneputtyam

Wasn't feeling great last night but this morning i decided to venture out the the colony's with Abby and Sally Read and the reporter that was here for the weekend. We began in Bharathapuram at the Bindu Art School. Jamie the reporter wanted to see the colony and art school, we didn't do any medical in the colony today.

After Bharathapuram we headed to Chetneputtyam to do medical work which is always fun. It was especially fun today because we had such a small group. Once at the colony we had about 20 patients we washed feet, tested blood for diabetes, and blood pressure. It was a great day until I fainted - mostly from dehydration please don't worry I am fine. I wasn't feeling well yesterday which is why I missed my blog. I was sad because my blog is usually a highlight of my day. I had a fever last night so my Grandma was hesitant about sending me out today but I was feeling fine until later this afternoon. Heat played a big role also, today was probably the hottest day since I arrived.

We got 17 new volunteers today and my session officially started today. It seems like a good group and I am excited to get to know everyone. It will be fun to move forward with this new group but my Grandparents are leaving tomorrow which is very sad. I have loved being in India with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment