Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Goodbye

I have had the most amazing two weeks with my Grandparents. I have the four most amazing Grandparents in the world. I am so grateful for the past two weeks and being able to get a better understanding of the work they have done in India for the last two years. They are amazing people and have opened their hearts to the amazing country of India in so many ways. I am grateful for their examples of love and kindness among other things they teach me everyday. I was so sad to say goodbye today. I am inspired and taught by them each day. I love you Grandma and Granddad thank you for including me in your amazing Indian experience. I will cherish my time here in India with you forever.
Though today it was hard to say goodbye to my Grandparents I had to continue the work with my session. I have felt a lot better today. I officially started my session yesterday so I am a full blown volunteer of Rising Star Outreach. The volunteer and really off the coordinators at Rising Star are amazing and have everything organized and planned for the volunteers to stay busy. Today I was assigned to tutoring the children at school. I spent the first session with a young girl who I felt was doing fine. After we were asked to teach a science class we split the class into three groups. At first it was hard to get the group of girls under control once we got organized it became a fun lesson. The best part was that the girls actually learned the lesson they were supposed to, it was a rewarding morning. After my final lunch with my Grandparents I helped two children write post cards to their sponsors. Then enjoyed the rest of the afternoon and evening with the children. Our schedule is pretty consistent. - 8:30 ready for the day and at morning meeting. 9:00 break into groups (tutoring, construction, medical) 2:00-4:00 break 4:00-6:00 play with children 6:00 dinner on the roof 7:30-9:00 read work on homework with children in our assigned families.

1 comment:

  1. HANNAH! I'm so glad that I found your blog! It looks like you are having the most incredible experience. I'm so glad I can follow your adventures from here in the US of A. We are thinking of you and love you and admire all that you are doing and accomplishing.

    Love,
    Callie and Stephen and Andrew.

    ReplyDelete