Monday, July 16, 2012

California

Last week I had the opportunity to fly out to Southern California, for a family reunion. Fortunately, I got a surprise trip to the beach with my gorgeous little sister. Then we got in the car to head north, to the Seirra Nevada's. 


Once in the mountains we hiked into the Muir Trail Ranch for a week cut off from the world. It was so much fun to be cut off from the world with my extended family. Having no cell phones or distractions made for a lot of time to talk and reconnect with my family. The Sierra's are a very unique set of mountains consisting of a lot of rock, mostly granite. It was so fun to hike, camp, fish, and just chill in the mountains with my favorite people. I love the mountains and always will. The transition into the mountains was a little weird coming from the city that never sleeps, but it was totally worth it. 


My lovely little sister, Claire, and cousin Rachel


There is this awesome type of tree in the mountains that literally smells like vanilla and butterscotch. Naturally, everyone had to take a whiff. 


My cute cousin Rebekah is the best older sister to little Seth




Man Horses - I am not a horse person


Grandad - He taught me how to fly fish this week


My tent mate Jamie or as Grace and I like to refer to him, Fabio 


No comments:

Post a Comment