A random look into my life when I plan a big adventure and want to share it with everyone I love.
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Welcome from NYC
Well I've made it to New York, but it has been a crazy journey. It started with everything falling apart last Monday when the woman I was living with and had signed a contract with pulled the plug leaving me with no where to live in the city. She was gracious enough to give me a two week window to find housing during which time I would be allowed to stay with her, but still this complicated things. My dad and I, mostly my dad, started a hard core housing search so I would have somewhere to live during the summer. We had a few leads to get us started once we got to the city but other than that I didn't really have anywhere to live. We took a very long and uncomfortable red eye from Salt Lake City, arriving in New York early Friday morning. The red eye didn't stop us though, we had a busy day of crazy walking followed by more bad news. We had set up a few appointments to look at apartments but they were cancelled last minute because they had already filled the apartments so, back to square one with no housing options. I know my parents were stressed about it but we all still managed to have fun exploring the city. We visited the new World Trade Center Memorial, walked Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Union Square, Washington Square, breakfast with distant cousins, Wall Street, the Brooklyn Bridge and more. We have been walking for the past three days which doesn't seem like a lot at the time but I am wiped out every night. We also visited the building where I will be interning it is right next to the Flatiron building in an awesome area, also next to this great park with the Shake Shack from the movie Something Borrowed. It's been fun to explore with my Dad because he knows this city pretty well from his time here during graduate school at the New School. I'm hoping I get comfortable with the city because right now I still can't figure out which direction to walk when I get out of the subway. Everything is falling back into place I think I have found an awesome new apartment, I start work tomorrow and luckily we have already walked to the office so I know the general area and my summer in New York is about to start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ummmm call me back....once you are settled!!! sooo happy for you!!! xoxo and ps everything will work out!!!
ReplyDelete